1.11.2009

Am I a food snob?

If you've been following my blog (which chances are, you haven't), you will notice that I am rather critical. I asked my husband if I were too critical, and he said that I am. It reminded me of the movie Ratatouille, where the mean critic guy notes that it's so easy for food critics to tear down the food that they eat, while the restaurants do all of the hard work of trying to make good food. I think that's true to a certain degree, but I think that critical reviews are helpful to people who want to maximize their dining experiences and potentially helpful to restaurants that seriously want to know how to do better. So, am I a food snob? I don't think so. I eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Five Guys, Chipotle (pretty much all fast food restaurants) and like it. I think that I'm so critical of "fine dining" establishments and pricier places because if they're going to charge higher prices for their food, it should be good!

No comments: