10.29.2008

Otani

We went to the recently-opened Otani (http://otanijapanesesushi.com/) in the Gambrills/Crofton area because of the deal of the day coupon in the Capital (local Annapolis newspaper more affectionately known as the Crapital) for either a free seaweed salad or California roll. We picked the California roll. There's not much to say about a California roll. I can't say that I've ever had a really good one or a really bad one. They taste pretty much the same to me. I ordered the chicken hibachi plate, and Eugene ordered the ribeye steak hibachi plate. It came first with some miso soup, which was standard except for the enokitaki mushrooms, which I absolutely love. They are wonderful in soup and taste almost as good as meat. The hibachi plates were just ok -- nothing out of the ordinary. The chicken was a tad dry, and the steak, while pretty good, didn't taste like any hibachi steak that I have ever had (and not in the best of ways). I might go back to sample some of the other dishes on the menu, but I might not. Edit: I did go back for the sushi. Read about it here.

No comments: